Support My Trek to Find a Cause, Treatment and Cure for MS

If you've been following my training progress, you know that I'm not just doing this for me. I'm training this hard and riding in the Bike MS to support the research efforts to find the cause, a treatment, and ultimately a cure for Multiple Sclerosis.

Please support me and this cause by making a donation. No matter how small, every little bit will help. If your employer matches, I'd be happy to take care of the matching paperwork for you too.

You can donate online or mail a check to:
Bike MS: Valero Bike to the Beach
National MS Society
P.O. Box 4125
Houston, TX 77210
To ensure proper credit to my fundraising, please be sure to print my name on your check.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. I can't wait to share the success of this year's ride!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Bike Inspection and Gear Replacement Time

Before the Bike MS event, it is strongly suggested that you have your bike inspected by one of the local bike shops. They do the inspection for free and then place an event sticker on your bike. Should you then have mechanical issues with your bike during the event, any of the mechanic's labor time is free and you only have to pay for parts that may be needed. It only took a few minutes, but Pete and I took both of our bikes in to the Alamo Heights Bike World location to get our inspections done.

It's already time to begin replacing some of the gear that wears out. Pete typically gets a new pair of cleats for an event and then replaces them after an event. They really to get torn up at an event because there isn't time to put on your cleat covers and you walk on a lot of gravel. Since we were at Bike World, I decided I might as well get my replacement cleats now.

It's also time for the annual end of summer sale. There isn't much in my size, but there was a pair of blue socks with polka dots that I thought were cute and now that they're 50% off, they're even cuter! There was also a cute pair of pink socks, so I splurged and bought two pairs of bike socks both at 50% off!

Goals
Today's Miles: 0
Total Miles Achieved: 982.91
Financial Investment: $2254.89
Total Weight Loss: 0

1 comment:

Mandi said...

HEY!!! I'm dying here...where's the post on how the ride went?