Support My Trek to Find a Cause, Treatment and Cure for MS

If you've been following my training progress, you know that I'm not just doing this for me. I'm training this hard and riding in the Bike MS to support the research efforts to find the cause, a treatment, and ultimately a cure for Multiple Sclerosis.

Please support me and this cause by making a donation. No matter how small, every little bit will help. If your employer matches, I'd be happy to take care of the matching paperwork for you too.

You can donate online or mail a check to:
Bike MS: Valero Bike to the Beach
National MS Society
P.O. Box 4125
Houston, TX 77210
To ensure proper credit to my fundraising, please be sure to print my name on your check.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. I can't wait to share the success of this year's ride!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Flat Training

Monday I mentioned at lunch that I wanted Pete to show me how to change a flat. Lisa and a couple other girls jumped and told me not to touch the tubes, Pete would change it for me just fine and I was not to touch the tires. BUT I felt like I needed to know that if I was all alone, I could change a flat. So, tonight Pete and I changed the tubes on my shiny, new Madone since I had a leak in Fredericksburg.

He did the front wheel and then watched me do the rear. I got frustrated trying to get the wheel back in, but I decided I knew what I was doing and let him get the wheel back in. It was a slow process and I lacked some hand strength to get the tire completely off, but in need, I know I could eventually get it off, changed, and back on the bike. I feel empowered, but now know that I need to find a CO2 inflator that works for me and add it to my underseat bag.

Goals
Today's Miles: 0
Total Miles Achieved: 806.12
Financial Investment: $1988.47
Total Weight Loss: 0

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Keep it up! It's almost here! You're doing great!