Support My Trek to Find a Cause, Treatment and Cure for MS

If you've been following my training progress, you know that I'm not just doing this for me. I'm training this hard and riding in the Bike MS to support the research efforts to find the cause, a treatment, and ultimately a cure for Multiple Sclerosis.

Please support me and this cause by making a donation. No matter how small, every little bit will help. If your employer matches, I'd be happy to take care of the matching paperwork for you too.

You can donate online or mail a check to:
Bike MS: Valero Bike to the Beach
National MS Society
P.O. Box 4125
Houston, TX 77210
To ensure proper credit to my fundraising, please be sure to print my name on your check.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. I can't wait to share the success of this year's ride!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Shopping I Will Go!

After today's ride, we went to Bike World to see JD. I talked to her about some of my struggles with the saddle. She looked at me on the bike and was surprised she had left the saddle as high as it was positioned. She lowered it a bit and inched it forward another small bit. We'll see how that works.
Meanwhile, I showed her the palm of my hands and tried to describe the redness and pain I get between my thumb and forefinger. We had looked at the fit of my gloves once before and thought I'm in the right size gloves for once my hands swell in the Texas heat. I still have the issue though, so today we decided to try a pair of Trek gloves. They have less padding on that part of the hand, and that should help a bit.

I've been looking at sunglasses and decided it's worth upgrading my shades from the $12 regular sunglasses I've been wearing. After having multiple bugs hit my glasses and then reading how your glasses are one of the best investments you can make for your safety, I decided it was worth spending the money. I don't really want to have a bug shatter my cheap glasses on a ride and injure my eye.

After the flat changing lessons, I knew that I needed a speed tire lever for my saddle bag and a "girl-friendly" CO2 inflator. Finally armed with gear, I decided that was enough for today. Pete was napping in the truck, and I was ready to head home for a nap myself!

Goals
Today's Miles: 0
Total Miles Achieved: 877.93
Financial Investment: $2103.22
Total Weight Loss: 0

No comments: